I’m sure we’ve all experienced the moment we sit down after starting a load of laundry only to be disturbed by sudden loud noises. If you have an LG washer that is loud during spin cycle, we understand how frustrating it can be. It can even make you worry that something is wrong! You might hear banging, grinding, screeching, or whining sounds, and all that noise can come from a bunch of different things.
LG Washer is Loud During Spin Cycle – How to Troubleshoot
There are several reasons why a washing machine may be loud during the spin cycle. Some of the most common causes include:
• Overloading or unevenly distributing weight in the drum
• A clogged or blocked drain filter
• An unlevel washer
• Part failures
Unbalanced Load or Overloaded
Washing machines have a capacity limit, and overloading or unevenly distributing weight in the drum can cause the washer to be loud during the spin cycle. Here are some steps to troubleshoot an unbalanced or overloaded load:
• Check the manufacturer’s specs for the machine’s capacity and make sure you’re not overloading it.
• Stop the cycle and redistribute the items in the drum, ensuring that they are evenly distributed and not bunched up on one side.
• Make sure that heavy items, like towels or jeans, are not all on one side of the drum.
• Try washing a smaller load or separating heavier items from lighter ones.
Clogged or Blocked Drain Filter
A clogged or blocked drain filter could be the cause your LG washer is loud during spin cycle. Here are some steps to troubleshoot this issue:
• Turn off the washing machine and unplug it.
• Locate the drain filter and clean it out, removing any debris or obstructions.
• Once the filter is clean, plug in the machine and try running it again to see if the noise has stopped.
An unlevel washing machine can cause the drum to become unbalanced, which can lead to loud noises during the spin cycle. Here’s how to troubleshoot this issue:
• Use a level to check the washer’s balance and make sure that it is level from front to back and side to side.
• If the washer is not level, adjust the feet to level it out.
• Check the washer’s level periodically, as it may become unlevel over time.
LG Washer Banging During Wash Cycle
Foreign objects in the drum or pump can also cause loud noises during the spin cycle. Here’s how to troubleshoot this issue:
• Turn off the machine and unplug it.
• Check the drum and pump for any foreign objects, such as coins, small toys, or other items that could be causing the noise.
• Remove any foreign objects and try running the machine again to see if the noise has stopped.
If none of the above solutions work, it’s possible that a part has failed and needs to be replaced. Here are some common part failures that can cause a loud washing machine:
• Worn-out drive belt
• Faulty tub bearing
• Washing machine suspension rod
• Faulty washer drive belt
If you suspect that a part has failed, it’s recommended that you contact a professional for diagnosis and repair.
In conclusion, a loud washing machine can be a frustrating and concerning problem, but it’s usually easy to troubleshoot and fix. If you continue having issues with your LG washer that is loud during spin cycle, give the LG washer repair experts at Athens Appliance Repair a call today.