A GE cooktop can be a beautiful addition to your kitchen, but it’s important to keep it clean. If not cleaned regularly, dirt and grease can build up and become difficult to remove. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps of how to clean a GE cooktop. We will also answer some common questions about cleaning GE stove tops, such as, “How do you get burnt on grease off a stovetop?” and, “What is the best way to clean a black glass stove top?”
How to Clean a GE Cooktop: Gas, Electric, and Glass
Cleaning a GE cooktop is not difficult, but there are a few things you need to know before you start. First, it’s important to identify what type of GE cooktop you have. There are three main types: gas, electric, and glass. Each type requires different cleaning methods, and we’ll review how to clean range tops.
How to Clean a GE Gas Cooktop
To clean a GE gas stove top, the first thing you need to do is remove the burner grates. Most gas cooktops have cast iron grates that can be removed for cleaning. To remove the grates, simply lift them up and off of the cooktop and set them aside.
To clean the cooktop surface, start by wiping it down with a damp cloth. Wipe away any easily removable burnt or loose debris.
How Do You Clean the Cast Iron Grates on a Gas Stove?
You’ll want to use extra care while cleaning the cast iron stove grates. We recommend cleaning them over the kitchen sink for easy access and clean-up.
How to Clean a GE Cooktop’s Iron Grates:
- Create a cleaning solution using two cups of hot water and one tsp of dishwashing liquid.
- Using a scrub brush, apply the solution to the grates to remove food particles and grease.
- For stubborn or burnt-on build-ups, sprinkle the grate with baking soda and scrub until removed.
- Allow the grates to fully dry before reinstalling them on the cooktop.
How Do You Clean the Burner Caps on a GE Gas Range?
Are you wondering how to clean gas range burner caps? To clean the burner caps, gently remove them from the cooktop. Place them in a sink of hot soapy water, clean them with a soft cloth, then rinse thoroughly. Allow the burner caps to dry completely before reinstalling them on the gas range.
For burnt-on spills, allow the burner caps to soak for thirty minutes, then use a scrubbing sponge to gradually remove the debris.
How Do You Clean a Black Glass Stove Top?
Are you looking for how to clean glass cooktop, or the method that works the best? To clean a black glass stove top, we recommend using CeramaBryte® Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner. This cleaner is specifically designed for ceramic and glass cooktops. It will remove burnt-on food, grease, and grime quickly and easily.
To Clean Glass Top Range:
- Apply a small amount of CeramaBryte® Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner to the surface of the cooktop
- Using paper towels or a CeramaBryte® Cleaning Pad, thoroughly distribute the cleaner.
- Once evenly distributed and clean, use a second dry paper towel to remove any cleaning residue.
- Do not heat up or use the cooktop until all the cleaner has been removed.
To purchase or learn more about CeramaBryte® cleaners and accessories, visit Electric Range & Cooktop – Glass Cooktop Cleaners.
What Is the Best Way to Clean a GE Stovetop Every Day?
If you want to clean your stovetop daily, we recommend using vinegar spray. White vinegar is a natural cleaner that will remove dirt, grease, and grime with ease.
How to Clean a GE Cooktop Using Vinegar:
- Mix one part vinegar with four parts water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the vinegar solution on the cooktop’s surface and wipe with a soft cloth. Make sure to remove any spills or debris.
- Rinse the cloth and wipe the cooktop until it is completely clean.
How Do You Get Burnt on Grease off a Stove Top?
If you’re wondering how to clean a GE cooktop that is covered in burnt-on grease, there are a few ways to remove burnt-on grease from a stovetop. We recommend trying a natural cleaner, like white vinegar or baking soda, for minor stains.
For stubborn or harder-to-remove spills and residue, we recommend using a few drops of CeramaBryte along with a CeramaBryte cleaning pad and scraper tool. Follow the directions on the packaging and in your owner’s manual to carefully remove the stubborn soil.
If your cooktop is in need of repair, we recommend Athens Appliance. We are experts in repairing GE cooktops, including gas, electric, and glass models. We have the experience and knowledge to get your cooktop working like new again. Contact us today for cooktop and oven repair!